4.23.2011

IKEA Dream Living Room

There are moments in my life when I am very decisive and know exactly what I want. But when you are pretty much handed the entire IKEA store and have to pick out whatever you want {staying within an entire budget, of course}, I get so indecisive! The issue that I am having right now is with my living room. Pretty much everything in the living room will be brand new: couch, coffee table, side tables, lamps, pillows, etc. All except a pain-in-the-butt chair that is way too ugly to even show! I will hopefully get the courage to reupholster it one day!

Anyways, back to the living room. I have been messing around with a couple of different design options, but still can not decide. I need help deciding what to get rid of, what to keep, and what to add.

By the way, only three pillows shown, one that I already have, and two from IKEA that I will be purchasing. There will be others soon. I am on my second pillow cover so far, so I am working into the ones I want on my couch!

So, here is option number 1:



Rugs, coach, coffee table and two black pillow covers from IKEA. Yellow Rosette pillow from Target. Flower wall paintings from here. Chevron wall paintings created by me.

And here is option number 2:



I am liking options from both. You will notice that the only thing I changed are the rug and wall paintings. These are my two "problem" areas right now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

1 comment:

Barbara Matson said...

I love option #1. The mix of the patterns of the chevron and rug along with the pillows is a great mix!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...