4.04.2011

the beginning...

I am about to take everyone on the most exciting journey of my life...besides my upcoming wedding and the one day when I will have a wonderful baby, and so forth. But for this moment in time, it is THE most exciting journey!

My entire life has been based around graphic design and marketing. I was always so enveloped in the business aspect and have the most entrepreneurial spirit you could ask for in a 22 year old, almost college graduate.

When I was in high school I had two passions: graphic design & interior design. I love fabric, I love cards, I love flowers, I love bold, beautiful items. Although I would have loved to pursue interior design after high school, I chose my other passion. I will be graduating from SVSU at the end of this month with a BBA in Marketing, minor in graphic design. FYI: I minored in graphic design, instead of getting my BFA in graphic design, because still to this day, I believe I have learned more outside of the classroom in graphic design. I am a hands-on learner, and through internships, projects, and other endeavors, I know what I know today. In January 2011, I began my first business, Studio A Design, a graphic design & social marketing boutique. It combines my love for both business and graphic design. I have worked with a few companies so far, and I love what I do. However, there has always been something missing.

I will be graduating soon, and because of that am now on the hunt for a full-time position at a marketing firm in the Chicago area. I think, to this day, I have applied for over 15 jobs, and have not received one single call-back, and I am not sure why. I feel as if I have done everything right up to this point. As other students went out on Thursday nights, I went to bed early because I have always had at least 2 jobs at a time, and always an internship. I did well in all of my classes, finishing with a 3.75 GPA. I am a builder and hard worker. What else do they want? Well, apparently more, because I don't have any interviews scheduled yet.

Anyways, so this is where I am now. I have begun my journey to divulge myself in my other passion: interior design. Everything about it makes me excited. I have always told everyone that if I am not an interior designer or real estate agent before I die, then I have not lived the life I wanted. Guess I have to start somewhere then!

My fiance and I are going to be moving to Naperville, IL on May 7th, and I LOVE MOVING! I know that may sound weird to some, because most people hate moving. But I LOVE it! It means a blank slate for me to create something completely brand new! That means: SHOPPING! My other favorite thing to do! (By the way, you will read the term "favorite" a lot in this blog. I have a problem with that word. Steven calls me a child when I use it, because kids love everything!)

I wanted to do a simple post for this first one. The next one I am going to do will be about my shopping trip today. 5 hours out by myself, between picking up two lamps I found on Craigslist, Joanns and Target. It was an awesome day, to say the least! Stay tuned!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...