8.05.2011

Design Technology: Wacom

Need it or don't need it. That is the question. In order to grow as a graphic designer, I feel that I need the necessary tools to do that. Or, I am just making an excuse because I love playing with new technology! Either way... I have heard a lot of good things about this technology, but I'm not sure how much to invest. There are two Wacom products that I have my eyes on: the Cintiq and the Intuos. There are advantages to both, but there is definitely a price difference between the two.

The Cintiq provides a pen-on-screen technology, where you can actually draw directly on the image rather than guess.



I love that it's so easy to use, but it comes with a hefty pricetag. For the smaller one, it will set you back $999.

For a full description of the product, visit this page

The other one that I am drooling over is the Intuos4 Medium. Though it's not as realistic as the Cintiq, it definitely has it's advantages. The price being one, and it is more portable. If you want an easy way to edit your images, scribble on photos and have fun, then the Intuos4 is looking like the way to go.



This medium tablet is $349, so a much more doable price than the Cintiq, especially for those that are looking for a more efficient way of simple photo editing. 

What does everyone think? Any recommendations?

2 comments:

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

I'm in this same debate right now!!! I found someone selling the Intuos 3 on craigslist. Do you think that would be bad to get an old version even though it's a deal?? would love your advice! xo

amanda said...

Hi Colleen! I just noticed your comment. I am so sorry I didn't comment in time, must have them being sent to the wrong email address. Anywho, I know you had a wacom tablet at blogshop, so I am guessing you made a decision =) I just finally bought mine and LOVE it so much. I ended up going with the Intuos4 Medium.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...